Breaking Free strives to provide the safest possible environment for students, volunteers, staff and visitors. Horses, however docile, are capable of reacting in panic to unforeseeable stimuli. Working around and riding horses are a risk activities. All students must wear an ASTM/SEI approved riding helmet with the chin harness secured when riding, driving or working around the horses.
The following rules must be followed at all times:
* Smoke only in designated area's.
- There is a no-tolerance policy with regards to alcohol and other controlled substances.
- No food or beverages in the riding arena
- No cellphones during sessions in the riding arena
- Speed limit on Breaking Free grounds is 5 m.p.h.
- No pets allowed on the grounds
- All minors (including siblings) must be supervised at all times
- Closed toed shoes are required in the barn area. No sandals or crocs are permitted
- Students, parents and visitors must be escorted by a Breaking Free volunteer or staff member when visiting the working areas of the barn
- No running, pushing, yelling or other actions that might frighten a horse
Code of Conduct
Thoughtful conduct and self-control factor into the safety and enjoyment of all participants. All persons at Breaking Free will be expected to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Respect all persons - no abusive language or actions
- Respect all property
- Refrain from loud, abrupt noises, actions of behaviors which may startle horses